ਸਬਦੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਧੁਨਿ ਚੇਲਾ (ਸਿਧ ਗੋਸ਼ਟਿ, ਪੰਨਾ 943, ਸ਼ਬਦ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ)
GUIDELINES FOR OPERATIONS AT USREF (TAMPA SIKH GURDWARA)
1. Supreme Leadership of this Gurdwara resides with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Generally, all the programs and events held in the Gurdwara and on behalf of USREF shall be in accordance with the best prevailing practices in Sikhism and with special reference to Sikh Rehat Maryada (SRM). In case of any conflict, management will make and implement decisions in accordance with the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
2. Emphasis will be on engaging and educating the Sangat about Sikhism and true Gurmat values based on Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji’s teachings. Attention shall be paid to identifying and correcting some of the existing “Manmat” practices among Sikhs which go against the teachings of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji (True Gurmat).
3. Sometimes, Sangat members want Sehaj Path of Guru Granth Sahib to be done on their behalf. This will be coordinated by Granthi Singh and Pathi Singhs. They will try to accommodate such requests as timing and circumstances permit. USREF Gurdwara discourages “selling’” of Paths and will not ‘quote’ a price for such service. Pathi Singh(s) will be remunerated by the Gurdwara for doing the Path. However, the interested party may make a donation to the Gurdwara in this context.
4. Everyone is welcome to attend the religious services at the Gurdwara, without discrimination. No negative references shall be made against any person, community or faith. People unfamiliar with Sikh practices shall be treated with tolerance and friendliness and may be suitably guided.
5. All persons who do Kirtan, give a lecture, discourse, recite a poem or any other kind of performance or presentation in the Gurdwara must take utmost care to:
- Keep above guidelines in mind;
- Refrain from any kind of political propaganda;
- Maintain emphasis on Gurmat;
- Promote cordiality, spirituality and peacefulness;
- Refrain from advancing personal agenda or self-promotion and above all maintain high respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji; It is possible that divergent views may be expressed by different individuals on the same religious subject but the intention should be to keep in mind the spirit of learning and thoughtful inquiry to enlightenment.
6. Any privately sponsored event to be held at the Gurdwara, such as marriage ceremony, Akhand Path, or other ceremonies (Mirtak Sanskar, Pagri Sanskar etc.), must be approved by the management only. The sponsoring family of such event shall discuss the details with Giani Ji and the representatives of management, to ensure that everybody is cognizant of what is involved. All responsibility for expenses and other details shall be borne by the sponsoring party including Langar Sewa, clean up, and other special costs associated with the event. Guidelines may be provided to the sponsoring party.